After the high of birth, a nice quiet came. The nurses left, the sun was setting, and it was just us and the baby (Dad, CiCi and me). Leo ate for the first time, and he did amazing! Then, just like that, the calm was gone, and the sisters arrived! You gals were so excited to meet him. I don't think you knew what the heck was going on, you didn't realize he was going to be an actual baby, so you were a little shocked. Brooklyn and Avery were so pumped to see him! They were also so excited he was a boy! It was fun evening. We kicked around some name ideas with everyone. Dad and I have a name system. One of us gets to chosen the name for each kid. I chose Avery and Isla (hope you like it), and Dad chose Brooklyn, so it was his turn. The rule is though, that I have to approve of the name options on the list, if I don't like a name, it doesn't make it on the "list." We run a democracy in our household. So the names on the list were: Leo, AJ (Arthur John), or Rowan. My top two were Leo and Rowan. We all voted, and it seemed pretty even across the board, but Leo may have had the edge by a couple votes. Dad took in the votes, and didn't make his final decision till the next morning. His final decision: Leo Arthur Charles. It's so regal! It means Lion or brave person. I think that will suit him well having three big sisters!
The next day, we got to go home. We just wanted to go home, and the numbers weren't too bad! We had to make sure that you girls didn't eat him, but other than that, it was good to get home! We are so excited for him to be in our family. It already feels weird thinking he wasn't here a couple of weeks ago. Our family feels complete with him here. We love him so much!
































No comments:
Post a Comment